Our team provides informed counsel on trust and estate law to individuals and families, including closely held business owners and executives of public companies, as well as nonprofit entities and fiduciaries. Our work with individuals includes young families just starting out as well as those with significant assets.
After many decades creating and overseeing plans for wealth preservation and transfer, we have come to believe that the measure of a great estate plan is best summed up by one word: thoughtfulness. Here’s what thoughtfulness looks like:
- The plan reflects a genuine understanding of the client’s unique circumstances – needs, concerns, and values
- The nuts and bolts of the plan are rooted in an in-depth understanding of the complex, ever-evolving array of individual, charitable and business tax laws
- The attorney has explained provisions and options in plain English, so the client is reassured – not overwhelmed – by the plan
We are committed to delivering on all three measures of thoughtfulness:
- We use a tried and true approach to efficiently and effectively understand each clients’ particular situation. This means asking just the right questions up front, highly skilled listening, and incisive follow-up to better understand core values, needs and concerns
- Our team has extensive knowledge of trusts and estates law, and closely monitors – and responds to - changes in applicable laws
- We have a passion for making trust and estates law make sense to our clients, and a knack for providing simple and clear explanations to enable clients to make informed decisions
Our services include creating, managing, administering, and otherwise advising on trusts and estate plans. Regardless of the specific service, our aim is always to provide the very best quality guidance and develop strong relationships with our clients to help them attain their goals for themselves and their families, while minimizing applicable income, gift and estate taxes.
We pride ourselves on working efficiently and collaboratively not only with our clients, but also their advisors, including accountants, investment advisors, life insurance advisors and bank and trust officers.